Unable to disable device administrator

Not quite sure if it's a problem with Automate or Android, but when I try to uninstall, I need to disable the Device administrator rights. However, I can disable it for all the apps mentioned in the Device administrator section, except for Automate... When I try to disable the device administrator rights the settings-app crashes. Same thing happens with Android in safe mode.

My phone is a Samsung Galaxy S5 plus (SM-G901F), running Android Marshmallow (6.0.1)

Comments

• I have seen a few reports of this previously, it seems like you may have an "overlay" app running that's causing this. Disable the screen overlay permission from AutoMate, or close any other overlay apps you may have running in the background, and try disabling the device admin again. 
  • kahtaf said:
    I have seen a few reports of this previously, it seems like you may have an "overlay" app running that's causing this. Disable the screen overlay permission from AutoMate, or close any other overlay apps you may have running in the background, and try disabling the device admin again. 
    I had the same problem and want to thank you for leading me to the solution but want to note that it was the complete opposite for me.  I had previously disabled the overlay setting and settings kept crashing when I would try to deactivate as a device administrator.  It wasn't until I turned the overlay for Automate back ON that I was able to deactivate Automate as a device administrator.
  • Thanks @Fezzik, I have updated the FAQ to reflect this. 
  • edited July 19
    Fezzik said:
    kahtaf said:
    I have seen a few reports of this previously, it seems like you may have an "overlay" app running that's causing this. Disable the screen overlay permission from AutoMate, or close any other overlay apps you may have running in the background, and try disabling the device admin again. 
    I had the same problem and want to thank you for leading me to the solution but want to note that it was the complete opposite for me.  I had previously disabled the overlay setting and settings kept crashing when I would try to deactivate as a device administrator.  It wasn't until I turned the overlay for Automate back ON that I was able to deactivate Automate as a device administrator.
    I was having same problem but with Applock from DoMobile. I turned the overlay ON and uninstalled the app.